Saturday, August 19, 2017

Stacking The Shelves: August 19, 2017 [Vacation Book Haul)

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly bookish meme hosted @ Tynga's Reviews & Reading Reality.



Hi everyone! I just got back from my vacation yesterday so this STS post will be about the books I've bought in the last three weeks. :D ♥

Five of the books below (The Tower and the Emerald, Masterpieces of the Egyptian Museum of Cairo, Wondrous Realms of the Aegan and The Holy Land) I bought for 2€ each. And The Wright Brothers biography for 50 cents so not too bad, right? I'm so happy with all of them. I already read The Tower and the Emerald, which I was really surprised about that I liked so much and right now I'm reading Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind. 




Bought:
The Tower and the Emerald by Moyra Caldecott
The Wright Brothers: First in Flight by Tara Dixon-Engel & Mike Jackson
One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Masterpieces of the Egyptian Museum (No link sorry)
Wondrous Realms of the Aegan by Time-Life Books
The Holy Land by Time-Life Books
Mexican Art by Paul Hamlyn (No link sorry)


And of course I couldn't resist buying some ebooks in the meantime too. Buying Thousands was a no brainer. My favorite dark romance author and one of my favorite series of hers. Pim and Elder make my heart ache, though. Wish You Were here was unexpectedly on sale so of course had to buy that one. And last but not least... finally got around to buying Mistress of Rome. It's been long overdue since I already read book #2 and #3 (luckily they can be read as standalones) but now I finally have it. I can't wait to read it!



Bought:
Thousands by Pepper Winters
Wish You Were Here by Reneé Carlino
Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn




Have a great weekend, everyone! ♥


20 comments:

  1. Glad to know you're back! I hope you enjoyed your holiday, I can see you certainly enjoyed some bookish shopping... :P

    I've heard a lot about Pepper Winters, but haven't read any of her works. Perhaps I should change that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! You should start with Tears of Tess. It's the first book by Pepper Winters that I've read and it's still my favorite. ♥

      Delete
  2. Ooh, good haul. I really need to finish reading The Essex Serpent, and I should get on with reading the sequel book to Sapiens, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great holiday! Holidays for me do include sniffing around any book shops I happen to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't walk past a bookstore without going inside. xD

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, lots of new, great looking books! They look awesome. I hope you enjoy each one of them. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely books! I have been eyeing One of Us Is Lying...hey, that rhymes! LOL.

    Wish You Were Here looks very tempting, too. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mistress of Rome is on my to-read list -- historical fiction is a weakness of mine. I hope you enjoy all your books and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical fiction is my favorite genre, in case you didn't know yet. :D

      Delete
  7. Coming back from holiday is always a good thing. I hope you love all of your books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really interested in reading One of Us is Lying. I'll probably grab it from the library the next time I see it there. Don't you just love cheap books? Hope you enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of books you got there! I really want to read One of Us is Lying soon!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got The Essex Serpent recently and look forward to it. Enjoy your latest haul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing the Essex Serpent on your bookstagram I totally ended up buying it too. One of Us is Lying is one I want to read as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! So many pretties! I really want to read One of Us is Lying it was a much anticipated release for me!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥