Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday: The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence by Alyssa Palombo

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.




The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence: A Story of Botticelli by Alyssa Palombo
Expected publication: April 25th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin
Pre-order on: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | Kobo

A girl as beautiful as Simonetta Cattaneo never wants for marriage proposals in 15th Century Italy, but she jumps at the chance to marry Marco Vespucci. Marco is young, handsome and well-educated. Not to mention he is one of the powerful Medici family’s favored circle.

Even before her marriage with Marco is set, Simonetta is swept up into Lorenzo and Giuliano de’ Medici’s glittering circle of politicians, poets, artists, and philosophers. The men of Florence―most notably the rakish Giuliano de’ Medici―become enthralled with her beauty. That she is educated and an ardent reader of poetry makes her more desirable and fashionable still. But it is her acquaintance with a young painter, Sandro Botticelli, which strikes her heart most. Botticelli immediately invites Simonetta, newly proclaimed the most beautiful woman in Florence, to pose for him. As Simonetta learns to navigate her marriage, her place in Florentine society, and the politics of beauty and desire, she and Botticelli develop a passionate intimacy, one that leads to her immortalization in his masterpiece, The Birth of Venus.


Historical fiction. 15th Century Florence. Botticelli. Why wouldn't I want to read this amazing sounding book? :D



12 comments:

  1. I've been coming across this one lately, and it looks good! I love the time period and the setting! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just discovered this one yesterday but oh it sounds amazing! <3

      Delete
  2. I am really into historical at the moment but its all 19th century books that I read, I haven't read any books before that timeline. Looking at this, I feel like I should.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting, hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you saw on my TTT post, I do love books set in Italy so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Will definitely be going on the TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The setting for this one is so intriguing! I think that this one sounds like a book that I will enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hello, a fellow Alyssa! :D I've not heard of this book, but YAY for it publishing so soon for now. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting read with court politics and relationships. I imagine she was a fascinating woman. Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty and brain, what a wonderful combination. Thank you for sharing, Stephanie!

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a historic la fic set in the 15th century before so t> i definitely need to remedy that! Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not big on historical fiction but I hope you enjoy this one! I do so wish to travel and I think this might make me want to even more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw a book review for this one and the blogger friend of mine loved it! I hope you will be able to as well, it sounds wonderfully written :D

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥