Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: A Song to Take the World Apart by Zan Romanoff

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.




A Song to Take the World Apart by Zan Romanoff
Expected publication: September 13th 2016 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

What if you could make someone love you back, just by singing to them? Fans of Jandy Nelson’s I’ll Give You the Sun and Leslye Walton’s The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender will be captivated by this contemporary love story with hints of magical realism.

Hanging out with Chris was supposed to make Lorelei’s life normal. He’s cooler, he’s older, and he’s in a band, which means he can teach her about the music that was forbidden in her house growing up. Her grandmother told her when she was little that she was never allowed to sing, but listening to someone else do it is probably harmless— right?

The more she listens, though, the more keenly she can feel her own voice locked up in her throat, and how she longs to use it. And as she starts exploring the power her grandmother never wanted her to discover, influencing Chris and everyone around her, the foundations of Lorelei’s life start to crumble. There’s a reason the women in her family never want to talk about what their voices can do.

And a reason Lorelei can’t seem to stop herself from singing anyway.


I came across this book last week in the blogosphere and thought it sounded pretty good. Also, I really love magical realism. So I think this might be a really great read.




What book are you waiting for?
Leave me the link to your post so I can stop by!



3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, but I love the idea of it! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great pick! Enjoy it :-) Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! This was my pick awhile ago and now I have an ARC, can't wait to start it!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥