Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





My WOW pick of this week:


~Phoenix (Black City #2) by Elizabeth Richards
Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile
Weeks after his crucifixion and rebirth as Phoenix, Ash Fisher believes his troubles are far behind him. He and Natalie are engaged and life seems good. But his happiness is short-lived when he receives a threatening visit from Purian Rose, who gives Ash an ultimatum: vote in favor of Rose’s Law permanently relegating Darklings to the wrong side of the wall or Natalie will be killed

The decision seems obvious to Ash; he must save Natalie. But when Ash learns about The Tenth, a new and deadly concentration camp where the Darklings would be sent, the choice doesn’t seem so simple. Unable to ignore his conscience, Ash votes against Rose’s Law, signing Natalie’s death warrant and putting a troubled nation back into the throes of bloody battle.




This is one of those book series where I don't know where it'll take me. I was blown away by Black City so I'm super excited for Phoenix. I missed Ash and am curious to see what's going to happen to him and Natalie.


5 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Black City a lot. I think Phoenix is going to be one of those books that blows me away.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I haven't read Black City yet, I feel like I need to have those simply for the covers. ^^ Great choice! My WoW & a Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me, and I really like that burning feather. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Black City yet, but I really want to! The series sounds brilliant and I just adore these covers ♥

    Great pick Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥