Saturday, September 9, 2017

Stacking The Shelves: September 9, 2017

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly bookish meme hosted @ Tynga's Reviews & Reading Reality.



So this was a pretty good bookish kinda week. I finally received my FairyLoot. They shipped the boxes with UPS this time so it took a whole while longer than normally and I had to pick up my box somewhere, which I didn't like because it was all the way across town but luckily they're gonna change it back for next month. Phew! I also won't reveal what's in the box yet but I might do it next week somewhere. I can say that the box was freaking amazing, definitely my favorite so far! As always I can't recommend FairyLoot high enough, which is why I have also ordered the September and October box (this one is gonna blow my mind I just know it)

Also received my Fable & Black Lucky Dip Box with bookish surprises that I won from Suze Lavender on Twitter. Definitely go follow her because she does giveaways like this all the time and this Lucky Dip Box was so awesome! Everything in it was simply perfect. I love all the Alice in Wonderland goodies + the notebook with a Tolkien quote on it. ♥

Also got some new e-books. Yesterday I bought The Thief's Tale by S.J.A. Turney, which is set in the Ottoman Empire. Can't resist such books. Also got a new book review - Doctor Who: Myths & Legends. Doesn't it sound totally amazing? It may surprise some that I have actually never read a Doctor Who related book. I know, shame on me! Needless to say I'm super super super excited to dive into it. Just gotta finish my current reads first. And then I also received some freebies from Hourly History (which you can get too if you sign up for their newsletter). They're easy to read and super interesting if you're fascinated by history as much as I am. :)







Bought (for 99c):
The Thief's Tale by S.J.A. Turney 
(It's still 99c if you want to grab it as well)

For Review:
Doctor Who: Myths and Legends by Richard Dinnick
(for those who want to request it on NetGalley click here)


Freebies:
Charlemagne: A Life From Beginning to End by Hourly History
(still free on Amazon)
(still free on Amazon)
The Mayflower: A History From Beginning to End by Hourly History
(still free on Amazon)


(still free on Amazon)
(still free on Amazon)




Have you ready any of the books I featured? Which ones do you think look interesting? Or do you also subcribe to FairyLoot? Let me know your thoughts.

Have a great weekend, everyone! ♥



21 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you loved your Fairyloot box!!!! I really need to get one of those :P
    Kariny @Kariny's Book Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not a single on that I've gotten that hasn't blown my mind. :D

      Delete
  2. I love subscription boxes, although I cannot always afford them. Fairyloot is great, I had the Trickster one (which was for July). I love your Fable & Back lucky dip box, and I've just followed Suzanne on Twitter, thanks for sharing info about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairyloot is the only one I can afford but from what I've seen it's the best. I hope you'll get to win a giveaway of hers too. Always fun! :D

      Delete
  3. Great loot! Isn't it fun to get things in the mail (or from UPS)?

    Enjoy...and thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, except that I hate UPS because it took forever to arrive. Haha

      Delete
  4. Oooh! I love the Fairy Loot! Glad you enjoyed it! Great haul!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was literally just talking to a friend about FairyLoot! I want to subscribe to one of the book subscription boxes, and I think I'm going to go with FairyLoot. :D Their stuff seems awesome!

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Have a fabulous weekend, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool haul. Those Alive bookmarks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to check out the Fairyloot. So curious. Yay, so happy for you. Enjoy your new books (I saw some great ones!) and have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing what's in your Fairy Loot box this week, Stephanie :)
    Your new books look very interesting, too.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, sounds like a great bookish week indeed :) happy for you! Dang, that fairylook pic looks just amazing. Oh! You read Doctor Who! I used to as well :) oh, you said you never actually read one. Yeah, they are usually good! Maybe I should grab one for review as well, where did you get it?
    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love hearing about people's subscription boxes! I wish I was able to afford them, but for now it's not able to work into my struggling grad student budget so I'll just live vicariously though you all lol Exciting about all your freebies! Have a great week, Stephanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Internet is sucky so I couldn't see any of your pictures. But everything you got sounds good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these books! But it looks like you've had a great week ^_^

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that Fairyloot looks so amazing D: Glad the delivery is switching back so it won't be as difficult or take as long for you to receive. Happy reading all of these ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Doctor Who book looks cool! I've bought my husband a couple Doctor Who-related books - of course, he hasn't even looked at them. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One day I'll order one of those FairyLoot Boxes :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had the same issue with my Fairyloot box this month, but it was soo amazing so in the end I was just happy I finally got it :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥