Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.



The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
The Folk of the Air #1
January 2nd 2018 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.


Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.



This has got to be one of my most highly anticipated books of 2018 (I have so many of those though) because it's Holly Black. She's just so awesome. And of course faeries. I can't resist books about faeries. ♥


10 comments:

  1. I still haven't read anything by Holly Black other than Spiderwick before! I so need to change that soon D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a lot of people like Holly Black so I'm sure there will be many looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I've read a few of Holly's books and enjoyed all of them. I hope you enjoy this one when you have a chance to read it!

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/06/waiting-on-wednesday-top-ten-by-katie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Holly Black yet so this sounds really exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read anything by Holly Black, but that needs to change! She is so well loved, and this sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Holly Black, and I'm very excited for her new books as well! HAPPY READING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this book sounds really good! I really like Holly Black's other books so I'm excited about this one too. Great pick!

    Erika @ Living for the Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds very interesting!! But its long wait. Hope you enjoy it when you read it!!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone is excited about this book! Nothing wrong with that. I've not read a Holly Black book in a looooooong time. I hope you enjoy this new one when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥