Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
--





An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
April 28th 2015 by Razorbill

 

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.


I just know that I will love this book. If not, I'll be really disappointed because my hopes are so very high for it. Basically I wanted to read this book ever since I read the synopsis months go, especially the "Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world" part. I can't wait! 




What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me the link to your post so I can stop by!




17 comments:

  1. I have a pretty ARC of this one! :D Reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm looking forward to your review of it. :D

      Delete
  2. we have the same pick for this week! really can't wait to get my hands on this! hope you'll enjoy it once it comes out! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks awesome! So does your blog...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THE GUEST COTTAGE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this book to come out! I've heard so many great things about this book and I want it now! Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this, too! Not too much longer to wait now, thankfully :D I LOVE the sound of it! I hope you love it when you read it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need this in my hands, like, NOW! I've heard really good things about it already. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new book I'm adding to my TBR list! Thank you! I haven't heard about this one before but it sounds really awesome! I'm actually pretty excited and intrigued now! NEED TO READ THIS!!! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read! Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way about this one as you do: I just know I'll love it and my hopes are sky-high! It just calls to me, you know: Roman-esque world, battles...epic! Gah! I hope we can both get our hands on this one asap :D Fantastic pick^^ Here's my WoW pick this week!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! I'm super excited for this one too; everyone seems to love it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pick, I'm so excited for this one too! I heard it's going to be quite epic. Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just per-ordered this one! It is only $2.99 right now on Amazon!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is popping up on a lot of WOWs. It'll probably be on mine soon. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got an ARC of this a week or so ago and can't wait to read it! Great pick, and thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely an exciting one! Early reviews have been really positive already. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥