Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Top 10 of 2012 - Best Books I've Read in 2012




I'm a day late with posting this one but I had problems getting online on monday so I'm posting it today. I'm sure that's fine too. :3
I read so many amazing books this year. It was really hard to put together a top 10.
So here they are...


1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
2. The Emperor's Conspiracy by Michelle Diener

Tiger Lily was soooo mind-blowing, I'm still thinking about it all this time later! My feelings during reading it where one moment happy, the next sad, the next mad. I mean, talking about an emotional rollercoaster. I've never read anything like it!
The Emperor's Conspiracy was a total surprise to me. I didn't think I would enjoy it this much and gain a new favorite writer with it. Just amazing! (Also really loved Michelle Diener's other book In a Treacherous Court)


3. Iced by Karen Marie Moning
4. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Iced was just all kinds of nervous, pent-up, frustrated emotions for me. Which is actually a good thing. I loved every single chapter, page, word of it!
The Golden Lily had to be in my top 10 for sure since I'm an Adrian fangirl. But I also immensely loved the book. Sydrian!


5. Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
6. Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
I love anything by Jeaniene Frost but I was a little worried if Once Burned would be as good as the Night Huntress series and guess what? IT WAS! 
Destroy Me. Warner. 'Nuff said. ^_^


7. To Catch a Vampire by Jennifer Harlow
8. Dust by Devon Ashley
To Catch a Vampire is the second book in this the series. I did read the first book also this year but like this one better. More Oliver! :D ♥
Dust was another pleasant surprise for me. I didn't think I would be as hooked as I was. Seriously amazing book.


9. The Selection by Kiera Cass
10. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Selection. Oh my god, I love Maxon! ^^  And can't wait for the next book!
Obsidian. I kinda feel bad for putting it on the last place but then again it's in my top ten so Daemon should be happy with me... I hope. ;)


I also have the mention the next books. I couldn't seem to fit them anywhere in this top ten without getting rid of any other of the amazing books above but they also deserve a place in it!

Nordic Fairies by Saga Berg (Book 1 - 5)
Few Are Angels by Inger Iversen
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey.

Okay, going to stop now because I can go on and on... :]










No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥