Friday, June 13, 2014

Bookish Survey: Greek Mythology Style - Part One!



Created by Jasmine @ Flip That Page 


This survey is in the style of Percy Jackson. I've only read the first book in that series but I loooooove Greek Mythology so even though this was done a while back I still wanted to do this survey. 

This is part one, I will post the second part next week because it's a loooong survey.

So here we go!







Zeus (Jupiter)

God of the Sky and Thunder / King of the Gods
Favorite book (choose your own category!): Airman by Eoin Colfer - Usually I'd say Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer is my favorite book, but I re-read Airman not so long ago and I must admit that I think this is Colfer's best work. I'd just forgotten how amazing and beautiful this story was.


Poseidon (Neptune)

God of the Seas and Earthquakes
Book that drowned you in feels: The Fault of Our Stars by John Green - This book was a very unexpected read for me. I hadn't planned on reading it because I didn't think it was my kind of book but then a friend of mine send it to me and I kind of had to. I loved it, I cried, I drowned in feels and now I'm planning to see the movie soon. 


Hades (Pluto)

God of the Underworld
Favorite book with a dark / ominous plot: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - Not only is this one of my favorite books ever but it's also deliciously dark, especially the Edgar Allan Poe things that are involved.


Hera (Juno)

Goddess of Marriage and Family
Cutest fictional coupleWanda and Ian from The Host by Stephenie Meyer - Gosh, this was a hard one. I know so many cute fictional couples but I decided to go with an old favorite of mine. Wanda and Ian, well, they were just so adorable together and Ian didn't even care that she's a Soul. Cheetos = true love! 


Athena(Minerva)

Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare
Series with the best world-building: Fever series by Karen Marie Moning - This series has by far the best world-building ever and with every book we find out more and more about this dark and complex world!

Aphrodite (Venus)

Goddess of Love and Beauty
Most beautiful cover on a 2014 release: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - I read this book so long ago, it's hard to remember this is actually a 2014 release. The cover is amazing and so is the book. I loved the cover so much that even though I read it as an e-arc that I bought a physical copy.


Ares (Mars)

God of War and Bloodshed
Most violent book you’ve ever read: Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters - This book is by far the most violent book I've ever read. I loved it, though!


Hephaestus (Vulcan)

God of Blacksmiths and Fire
Scorching hot swoon worthy character: Apollo from Lover, Divine by A. Star - Apollo in this book was definitely "scorching hot swoon worthy". I'm glad we got to see this side of him. 


Artemis (Diana)

Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity
Favorite Kick-Ass Heroine: Holly Short from Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer - Nobody kicks ass like Captain Holly Short. She's the first female captain of the LEP (Lower Elements Police) and that is all kinds of awesome! 

Phoebus Apollo (Apollo)

God of Light and Healing
Sequel book that redeemed its series: The One by Kiera Cass - This is a hard one but I decided to go with this book. I loved the first book (The Selection) by hated the second one (The Elite), which caused me to dislike everything in this series. But The One wasn't actually bad. I had expected the worst but I did like the ending so you can say it's redeemed the series.


Hermes (Mercury)

Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce
Book with the best message: The Wish List by Eoin Colfer - This is maybe a strange choice but this was another hard one for me to think about. I don't read a lot of books that have deep messages but I think The Wish List has a pretty good one: 'It's never too late for redemption and helping other people.'


Hestia (Vesta)

Goddess of the Hearth and Home
Book with the most relatable character: Katy from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Okay, so I cheated with this question. It was supposed to be most relatable story but I couldn't quite find one so I changed it to character. Aside from her association with the aliens (because, no, I never met or lived next door to aliens... YET!) Katy is pretty alike to me I guess, with her being a blogger and how she fangirls over books. Wouldn't mind meeting Daemon, though...

Demeter (Ceres)

Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture
Favorite bookish setting: Haven City from Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer - I've always dreamed to go to Haven City. I guess you could compare it to any major city that we have in the world, only it's underground with fairies, elves, dwarves, goblins, pixies and so on... 


Dionysus (Bacchus)

God of Wine and Celebration
2014 / 2015 release you are most anticipating: Burned by Karen Marie Moning - There is no other book that I'm more excited about. It's been pushed back a lot, but hey, perfection takes time. I'm sure once it comes out (January 20th 2015) that we're all going to be amazed!


And that was part one, people.
Do you have a favorite question or answer? 
Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! ♥